Many Hollywood celebrities use one. Even elite athletes. But should you use a personal trainer? Meet our Trainers by clicking here.Perhaps. Personal trainers can help anyone, regardless of physical condition or age. The first thing to do is decide what your goals are.
Do you want to bulk up? Do you want to simply add some definition? Or do you just want to get in shape? Are you recovering from an injury and need to exercise? Do you want to improve your athletic performance?
A personal trainer can help with all that and more. This person is a coach, role model, educator and cheerleader who will customize a program to fit your needs, budget and schedule. Some people may want to use a trainer several times a week. Others may just want an occasional check-in with a trainer to get feedback. It’s all up to you.
Personal trainers usually give you:
A Fitness Evaluation.
This is a series of tests – including cardiovascular, flexibility, muscle strength and endurance – to see what kind of shape you are in. Your trainer should ask about your health conditions, medications and exercise experience.
A Personalized Exercise Program.
This is designed specifically for you. There is no one-size-fits-all approach.
You are given one-on-one attention to make sure you are using proper form and technique and that you get the most from your workout without getting injured. The benefits of your program are explained.
A trainer should motivate you and help you stick with your program. Ask yourself the following when looking for a trainer:
- Is your trainer certified by a nationally recognized organization such as the American Council on Exercise, the American College of Sports Medicine or the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America? Trainers must pass a series of tests to receive certification.
- What is the trainer’s experience?
- Is the trainer certified in first aid and CPR?
- Can the trainer provide references?
- Will the trainer keep records of your workouts and any changes in your medical history?
- If you are injured or have other health problems, will your trainer communicate with your doctor or physical therapist?
- Does the trainer have liability insurance in case you get injured during a workout?
- Is there a cancellation policy?
- What are the trainer’s fees? Is the trainer willing to work within your budget or reduce session fees for a long-term commitment?
- Do you like your trainer? Are you confident in that person’s skills and service?
- How clear is the trainer in providing education and instructions?
- Is there a contract or written business policy? What happens if you decide to end the contract early?
If you have a chronic disease, such as a heart problem, or it’s been years since you exercised, check with your doctor before beginning a program.
About Results Fitness and Weight Loss
Results is a unique twelve week individualized weight loss and fitness program. The program provides specific dietary and exercise guidelines to guarantee you reach your personal objective fast and safely. The program is specifically designed for each individual’s lifestyle and nutrient demand which takes into account individual body composition.
No Matter What Your Fitness Objective May Be, Results Will Work For You! Whether It’s To Lose Body Fat, Increase Lean Body Mass, or Simply Improve Your Overall Health.
- Results Program Objectives Maximize the body’s fat burning capabilities through proper nutrition and exercise.
- Learn to construct your own meal plan that fits into your lifestyle, whether you are at home, the office, or even in a restaurant. You’ll learn to make informed choices that lead to nutritional success.
- Learn proper exercise techniques in order to achieve maximum benefits and results every time you exercise.
Results program focus on both exercise and nutrition in order to maintain muscle and increase lean body mass. Neither proper nutrition alone, nor exercise alone, will supply the results most people are seeking. It takes both to achieve ULTIMATE RESULTS.
- Do you want to lose inches?
- Do you want to tone up?
- Do you want a program designed around your needs?
- Do you want a quick, time efficient workout?
Dr. Donald Christie, Jr. MD CSCS.
Here at THE GYM Dr. Christie provides –
- Evaluation and non-surgical treatment of acute and chronic injuries and overuse problems. Comprehensive “sports physicals” and medical evaluations for athletes and other active people.
- Assessment of nutritional needs for weight loss, weight gain, and optimal performance.
- Body composition analysis (%body fat) and individualized conditioning and nutrition programs for serious athletes and others who wish to improve their health and performance.
- Performance testing (aerobic and anaerobic capacity) for elite athletes and elite “hopefuls”.
- Consultation on the benefits of the right kind of exercise and proper nutrition in managing common medical problems.
Dr. Donald Christie has over 35 years of experience in the care of athletes and other active people and was the first physician in central and western Maine to be Board-Certified in Sports Medicine. He is one of only a few physicians in the country to be certified as a strength and conditioning specialist by the National Strength and Conditioning Association. Dr. Christie served as Team Physician at Princeton University for 6 years and holds advanced status of Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine.
GET IN TOUCH
Mon – Thuts
4.30 AM – 8.30 PM
4.30 AM – 7.00 AM
Sat – Sun
7.00 AM – 3.00 PM
Fitness Workout Gym
Coach Cardio Cycling
Training Health Running
Yoga Zumba Weight Lost
746 Main Street
Lewiston, Maine 04240